This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
All capitalised terms, if not defined here, have the meaning given in your Now Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the "Act"), the data controller is Now PAYG Limited of 50 Shad Thames, London SE1 2YL.
Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide, or which is generated about you, when subscribing for, purchasing or using services from or provided by us or when filling in forms on our website at www.nowmobile.co.uk, (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, entering any competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with our legal requirements.
- If you have consented, we may also use your personal data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additionally, where you contract with us for Services we also use information held about you:
- To manage your Account which includes, but is not limited to, creating and maintaining records and accounts, calculating and applying charges and providing customer services facilities to you.
- By supplying your information to third parties for the purposes of providing the Services to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If all, or substantially all, of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you have provided us with consent;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or Acceptable Use Policy where these apply to you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You have the following rights:
- To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by visiting the Sign In section of the nowmobile.co.uk website. For data not updateable through the website, you will need to contact us;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our customer service team. You may need to provide the following information so that we can verify your identity:
- a colour copy of the account holder's passport, driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill;
- SIM serial number (SSN) (if your request is related to your phone account).